I love Christmas music. I remember waking up on Christmas morning and hearing the soothing voices of Dean Martin, Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra. My daddyo was born on Christmas, hence my name Noelle. My two older brothers, also have Christmas names. Daddyo would wake up early to prepare the house for visitors. I would stumble out of my room and wish him a Happy Birthday and a Merry Christmas. We would sing a few songs together before I got ready for the day. I miss those days. It's been eight years since the last time we did that.
With the memories of those special mornings, I've created my Ultimate Christmas Playlist. These are my absolute favorite Christmas songs. It would've been easy to just post one of the albums that daddyo used to play, but there are so many amazing songs out there. I've compiled a list that spans all genres and eras. Take a gander, listen to a few and let me know what would be on your Ultimate Christmas Playlist!
- Don't Shoot Me Santa - The Killers
- The Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie & Bing Crosby
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone
- White Christmas - The Drifters
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - She & Him
- Sister Winter - Sufjan Stevens
- Let it Snow! - Dean Martin
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - 'N Sync
- Last Christmas - Wham!
- All I Want for Christmas is You - Jimmy Fallon, Mariah Carey & The Roots
- Christmas is All Around - Billy Mack
- I Wish it was Christmas Today - Julian Casablancas
- The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
- Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) - Death Cab for Cutie